Are there really secrets to losing weight or are we just looking for that magic cure? I know that losing weight is never fun and everywhere we turn someone is trying to sell you on a new way. In this article I will share with you my 5 tips to weight loss success.
I was overweight all the way through my mid 20’s so when I got engaged to be married, I wanted to look great on my wedding day. I made an appointment with my doctor to see if he could give me any advice. He gave me a list of the foods I should eat and sent me on my way. To be honest with you, there wasn’t much on that list that I liked.
I proceeded to take a different approach to this weight thing so that’s what I’d like to share with you in this article.
1. Don’t look at this as a diet because that has become such an ugly word. Diet means you will lose the weight by eating what you don’t enjoy and eventually you will go back to the way things were and it will creep right back on. What you have to do is change the way you think about it. You have to adapt to a totally new lifestyle. But don’t worry because it can be a really fun experience.
2. Because I didn’t like the majority of the foods on the list my doctor gave me, I had to start being more aware of what I was eating. Instead of having a sandwich with chips, I did away with the chips. Instead of drinking soft drinks, I started only drinking water. Instead of eating that big piece of cake for dessert, I had one bite of chocolate. Just be more aware of what you are eating.
3. As American’s our portion control has gotten way out of hand. When you start learning how to eat less but more often, being hungry will never be an issue again. Start off my eating your meals on smaller plates. Your mind will still think you are eating the same amount. When you go to a restaurant, order something healthier and the moment you feel the slightest bit full, have the waitress immediately remove it from the table.
4. Don’t deprive yourself if you want something. If you want to order a pizza, start by eating one slice less then you use to. If you feel you are still hungry, drink a big glass of water to satisfy your hunger pains. Between meals, stay satisfied by snacking on things like nuts, yogurt or fruit. Don’t be miserable because you are hungry although those hunger pains mean you are losing weight.
5. Once you start losing weight after realizing that you can still eat some of the foods you love and enjoy, you won’t want to go back to the way you use to eat. You won’t lose the weight quickly, but it will come off over time. Just be more aware of what you are eating during the week. Go that route for a few months before you start splurging on the weekends. Just be more aware of what you are eating and your portion sizes.
I hope my 5 tips to weight loss success have been helpful. Because I continue to eat like this every day, I have kept my weight off for over 25 years now. I am not a lover of exercise but I do take a walk every day with my dog. Walking is very good for not only you but your heart as well.
Discover how you can lose 17 pounds in just 14 days, risk free. This is the number one fast weight loss program that also will cleanse and detoxify your body all at once.
There are several other methods to losing that weight fast and you can read more about those at www.weightlossinformationblog.com.